My Summer Drink
Every summer, I go crazy over some sort of cold drink. Here's what I came up with this year to stay hydrated and happy:
- Add one shot of espresso in your favorite cup, in my case, this awesome (and hipster yes) mason jar to go!
- Sweeten the coffee with just a little bit of maple syrup or honey; I find it breaks the watery taste once your ice cubes start melting.
- Fill with 5-6 big ice cubes.
- Cover with coconut water (and not coconut milk)!
- Optional: add a little bit of cinnamon (which is great to deal with sugar and cholesterol in your diet).
You'll probably be as surprised as me when you taste it for the first time. It's like coconut water and coffee were always meant to be together! This drink has little calories and is the perfect afternoon kick whether you're at work or by the pool.